Join Merchant Navy as Nautical and Engineering Cadet course 2021 : Pakistan Marine Academy announces the registration schedule for the Nautical and Engineering Cadet course 2021. Candidates interested to join the Maritime industry/ merchant Navy may apply for PMA cadet courses on open merit and self-finance basis. Fully funded scholarships are also offered for deserving students. So, you can start your career in Merchant Navy without any charges by availing of a scholarship at Pakistan Marine Academy. The details are given below,
- Last Date To Apply : 22nd October 2021
- Qualification : Inter
- Age Limit : Maximum 21 Years
Eligibility Criteria for Join Merchant Navy as Nautical and Engineering Cadet course 2021 :
- Unmarried male citizens of Pakistan
- Maximum 20 years of age on December 31, 2021
- Maximum 21 years of age for candidates from FATA/GB/AJK/Baluchistan
- FSc Pre-engineering or equivalent with minimum 55% marks
- Candidates awaiting results may also apply with a hope certificate
Pakistan Marine Academy Scholarships 2021 :
There are 37 Fully paid scholarships are offered to Cadets; 33 need-based scholarships are sponsored by the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and 04 need-based Scholarships are given by Global Radiance Group of Companies. The distribution of 33 need-based scholarships, sponsored by the Ministry of Maritime Affairs is as follows,
- Balochistan : 15
- KPK : 06
- Punjab : 06
- Sindh : 06
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates will be provided 2 years of training at the academy. Associate degree in Ship management and marine engineering will be awarded by NED UET Karachi on the successful completion of the training period. Candidates will also be awarded Pre-SEA courses certified by IMO.
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected. It is important to mention here that PMA bears no responsibility for the arrangement of post-education training or employment.
- Entrance Tests will be conducted at Abbottabad, Gwadar, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Muzaffarabad(A.IK), Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sukkur through hired Testing Services.
- A minimum of 45% is required to qualify for the entrance test.
- Medical examination of short-listed candidates will be conducted at designated Army/Navy/PAF Hospitals.
- Final selection will be done in order of merit which includes the final interview and PET (to be conducted at PMA).
The PET standards are as under,
|Running||One Mile (1.6 Km)||08:30 Minutes|
|Push-ups||10 Repetitions||02 Minutes|
|Sit-ups||10 Repetitions||02 Minutes|
|Chin-ups||02 Repetitions||02 Minutes|
Procedure To Apply :
- Candidates may register themselves by visiting the Pakistan Marine Academy Website http://www.marineacademy.edu.pk.
- Prospectus & application forms are available with PMA Admission Office and on the PMA website.
- Submit the application form along with a pay order/bank draft of Rs. 2500/– in-favor of Pakistan Marine Academy, Karachi, National Bank of Pakistan , PMA Branch Code-0239. Candidates applying under Self Finance Scheme (SFS) are to submit an additional PaY order/bank draft for Rs. 300,000/- along with the application form. SFS fee will be refunded in case selected on open-merit.